Wolfpack / Guild Profile
|Last Updated||30th June, 2020|
|Style & Focus||Balanced/Mixed PvX|
|Guild Leader(s)||Raggnar and Rabbit|
|Min. Time Investment||N/A|
|Timezone(s)||GMT -10 through GMT -4|
|Activities||SocialisingRoleplayingQuestingOpen World PvPSiege PvPTradingCraftingDungeonsRaids|
General Guild Info
Wolf Pack History
Wolf Pack was formed in the Mid 80's by a group of like-minded high school friends around Dallas, TX. We began playing LARPs like Amtgard and SCA, and eventually moved to online gaming once it became a thing. We have held a presence in Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, SWTOR, ESO, and others. Once we graduated High School, we obviously went our separate ways to persue school, military service, etc. It was through online gaming that we stayed close, and meeting new people online meant our little family grew.
We prefer a smaller, tight-knit group over having zerg numbers in our ranks. It is imperative to us that each member feels like they're an important member of our online family, instead of just another random Toon. This mindset has allowed us to stay together for over 30 years, and we are quick to remove toxic players which threaten our laid-back, casual style. Folks who are anti-social (don't like chatting or grouping with others) are *not* a good fit here; that's what single-player games are for.
We appreciate all playstyles: from crafters and decorators, to PvP and hardcore progression crowds. We never require, or force, our members to play a Class, Race, or combination of the two which they don't enjoy. Unless *YOU* choose to join a group which focuses on "hardcore" elements of the game, we don't care about Meta builds and the like. Play what you enjoy, and make sure you're having a good time.
We still maintain a presence in SWTOR (Empire side of the Star Forge server) and WoW Classic (Bloodsail Buccaneers, RP server), but we are currently awaiting the release of Ashes of Creation. It will become our new home once it Releases in 2020/2021. Our Members are not required to play Ashes of Creation (since we are a multi-game Guild, afterall), but many of us backed the game through Kickstarter and will definitely be in it for the long haul.
As always, run wild and have fun! See you in-game!
Wolf Pack Rules
1. Real Life comes first. Do not forget that you have a life in the real world: jobs, family, friends, food. We understand, and expect you to take care of those needs first. If something is going to keep you away from the game for an extended period of time, just let an Officer know so we can make a note, and not kick you for inactivity.
2. Speaking of inactivity, we are a social Guild. We would rather have a few members who like to chat and group, than just a bunch of names on the Guild Roster. Thus, characters will be kicked for inactivity. (Except for Alts, obviously.)
3. If you sign up for an Event, make sure you either show up for it, or give us enough notice to find a replacement. This is a matter of curtesy. If you can't be bothered, we're not the Guild for you.
4. Do not bring drama into the Guild. We do not discuss polarizing topics in Guild Chat (or Discord) like Religion or Politics. Yes, we are grown-ass adults... but we also play games to escape the headaches of real-life, so keep it in real-life.
5. Don't be an asshat. While we can be very competitive, we treat each other-- and our opponents-- with respect. If you cannot conduct yourself accordingly, you have no place among the Pack.
6. We never--EVER--ask our members to donate real-world items or money. If someone is trying to get you to pay up, let an Officer know immediately.
7. Wolf Pack is built upon a foundation of real-world friends. Our core group has been together over 30 years, and we still get together once a year for a real-world meetup. Every member is invited to attend our get-togethers, but no-one is ever required to come. The location is voted on each year by our members.
8. Discord is mandatory for all members. We are a multi-game Guild, so Discord is where we keep up with each other as we travel to new worlds and try new games. Our members are not required to speak if they're uncomfortable with that, but being able to hear instructions during dungeons, PvP, and raids is a necessity. It is also where you go to request membership, and the link provided here should never expire. You are required to state your in-game name (and which game you're playing) when you join our Discord, or mention that you are requesting membership in a particular game so we can send you an invite. We have a channel dedicated to each game on our Server, so make sure you're staying on-topic for the channel you're in!
9. Lastly, and most importantly, have fun. We play games to enjoy each others' company, and the game, itself. We do not pressure our members to Level Up quickly, or speed through content. Play when you can, and at your own pace, to ensure you're having a good time. If you have any issues with another member of Wolf Pack, bring it to an Officer's attention so they can handle the problem while you go back to having fun.